Looking for the best place to play online poker with friends? We got you! We have carefully reviewed casinos with the best poker rooms and shortlisted them for players to choose from. Before you get started, you need to ensure that you have all you need to win real money.
Our team of experts have combined their collective years of expertise to create this all-inclusive guide. Play poker online like a pro with this guide, learning about the best strategy to win every time. With so many variants of the game, we featured the different rules of the game to help players have a great gaming experience.
Best Online Poker Real Money Sites
Play Poker Online Like A Pro
Every player understands that card games are known for having the best odds of winning. Go through our basic step-by-step guide of how to play poker for beginners to brush up on your knowledge of the game.
The most popular version of poker is Texas Hold’em. Here’s a breakdown of how the game develops in this easy to follow the step-by-step guide:
- Players are dealt two-hole cards, faced down.
- Each player will try to create a winning combination using five community cards.
- Each player’s poker hand will be ranked against one another to determine who has the best.
- Depending on how confident you are on your hand, you can increase your bet until other players fold their hands. There are a total of four rounds of betting.
Basic Poker Hand Rankings
It is important to know how poker cards are ranked and memorize them so you can make informed bets. Here’s the full list of the poker hands available:
- Royal Flush – a hand that features a sequence of cards A-K-Q-J-10 all in the same suit.
- Straight Flush – having any sequence like 5-6-7-8-9 all in the same suit.
- Four of a Kind – as the name suggests, a hand that consists of four cards of the same value, for example 2-2-2-2.
- Full House – when you have three of a kind plus a pair.
- Flush – a hand comprised of cards all in the same suit.
- Straight – represents a sequence that includes cards like 2-3-4-5-6.
- Three of a kind – these are three cards of the same value as 6-6-6.
- Two-pair – a hand made up of two pairs, such as 7-7 plus another 8-8.
- Pair – a hand with a pair of cards.
- High Card – the highest card in your hand.
Most Popular Poker Games
The table game has different variants and you can sample all of them to find your favourite one. As already alluded, Texas Hold’em is popular worldwide, but all the other variants have something special to offer. Here are different versions of poker that you can play:
Texas Hold’em Poker
What sets Texas Hold’em poker apart is that it is so easy to follow. The gameplay kicks off with players placing blinds. Thereafter, there will be two-hole cards. After seeing the cards, players will decide whether they call, raise, or fold. Their decision is influenced by the five community cards and whether they have the best poker hand or not.
Omaha Hi Poker
Not too different from Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi is played with a pot-limit and has four instead of two-hole cards. The aim remains the same – to create the best hand in the game. The trick is that you can only use two of the four hole cards in your hand and the remaining cards that complete your combination (three out of the five) will come from the community cards.
Seven Card Stud Poker
The gameplay in 7-card stud is different because there are no hole or community cards. Players are dealt their cards, some face down and some face up to be seen by all the players. The trick is to hope that the best cards are part of the face-up cards so that you don’t have to rely on your hidden cards.
In Razz, players win by having the lowest possible hand. Card ranking is also different. For instance, the Ace is the lowest ranking card and forms the best winning combination when it is part of a hand that includes 2-3-4-5.
Reserved for the seasoned player, this version combines all of the elements of the different variations of poker all into one game. H.O.R.S.E stands for Hold’em, Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, Stud, and Eight-or-Better.
Play Poker with Friends Online
Now that you are familiar with the different games available at the casino, go ahead and take them for a test drive. We encourage players to first put their feet into the water gently by playing demo versions of the game to get a taste of how the game is played.
There are hundreds of poker rooms that have freeroll tournaments for players to play poker for fun. You won’t have to pay a buy-in to enjoy a round of poker with friends while you learn how to play. Additionally, you can use the time to test out a couple of tips and tricks that have helped other players win.
Pro Poker Tips to Win
It is highly recommended that players stick to poker sites for beginners before they advance to real money casinos. Some of the tips that work include:
- Play low stakes poker games to get your bearings, before you can enter buy-in tournaments.
- Memorize poker hand rankings to know which one is the best.
- Always set up a gambling budget and do not exceed it.
- Seating positions can be the reason you win or lose. Be mindful of your table position.
Online Poker FAQs
Yes, you can make a living playing online poker for real money. Pro gamblers play for high stakes and enter daily poker tournaments that pay out big.
The best online poker sites in 2021 are:
- Joe Fortune – $1500 Bonus
- FairGo – $1000 Bonus
- Wild Card City Casino – $2000 Bonus
- King Jonnie Casino – $6000 Bonus
- True Fortune Casino – $2000 Bonus
Yes, you can find legitimate poker rooms online that are licensed and regulated by reputable gaming authorities.
Yes, players cheat the casino playing poker games by using a bot software to manipulate the outcome of a card draw, colluding with other players, and using cheat hole cards. Poker sites have developed security software to prevent these techniques. Furthermore, you risk paying a hefty fine and a possible jail sentence if you are caught.
Yes. Top mobile phone casinos ensure that you have the same games on desktop and mobile. However, you will have to check for yourself if the games are the same because some casinos have a limited casino games library.
Yes, the Interactive Gambling Act prohibits players from playing poker online for money. Players have the option of playing at offshore poker rooms that accept players from around the world.